Those interested in my book on memetics do have some online options available:
No eBook is currently planned - mainly due to piracy problems.
- A "fair section" of the book is available on Google Books here: http://books.google.com/books?id=OcJY5Dgtz2EC
- Chapter 1 is online here: http://on-memetics.blogspot.com/2011/08/memetics-introductory-chapter.html
- Chapter 2 is online here: http://on-memetics.blogspot.com/2011/09/evolution-of-culture-in-nutshell.html
- A fair bit of the "History" chapter is available here: http://memetics.timtyler.org/timeline/
- A fair bit of the "Criticisms" chapter is available here: http://memetics.timtyler.org/criticisms/
- The book's "References" section is available here: http://memetics.timtyler.org/references/
- There's a breakdown of the subject areas covered here
- Other "supplementary" audio and visual materials are available on my blog: http://on-memetics.blogspot.com/
Making books available in electronic formats increases the chance of them being pirated. This is mainly due to security flaws in the digital rights management systems used.
The introduction - and part of chapter 14 - have been scanned (using a book scanner) and placed online - apparently as part of an academic course on memes at a Turkish university. The course is described here. The scanned chapters are available here.
I am reasonably aware of the disadvantages of not having an electronic version of my book available. I will continue to monitor the area.